Friday, November 5, 2010

I am...

I am...
A lot of things.  Earth is one, Mother is another.  Sister, Lover, Teacher, Friend, Student, Companion.  I am Original.  I am Cherokee.  I am a woman.  I am sometimes selfish and completely selfless and I may be confident or insecure. I will even say as much as stubborn though I prefer strong willed, yet I am far more flexible than many. I just may cycle through all those things and many more within a month...or a minute. I am, for lack of better words, whatever I say I am. And tomorrow, I will be more than I was today.

I was asked this question:
'If you're earth, why do you post stories that speak so heavily of a creator'.  My answer to that is this:

I am a lot of things, these 'traditional legends' that I post are folklore.  They are Cherokee traditions and they are valuable.  I use Supreme Mathematics to extract the good from everything...I'm sorry if some have lost that capability.  There are valuable lessons to be learned from looking at our past while still building for a change in the future.  I appreciate my heritage and I celebrate it.  John Hawkins was not the only trader/traitor, Andrew Jackson did his part on American soil to destroy the very essence of what makes us Original.  I don't take everything, historical text or not, on face value yet I do cling to the beauty of tradition and value.  Take things for their worth.  And as a side note...the creator spoken of in these legends was an Original Man as well...I see beauty AND relevance in that.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment