Monday, May 2, 2011

Axial Tilt

"I am amazed at this spring,
this conflagration of green fires lit on the soil of the earth,
this blaze of growing,
these sparks that puff in wild gyration,
Faces of people streaming across my gaze."

Peace,
Because it is my b-day, I decided to reflect on the last year...the ups, downs, in betweens...the cycle, the balance, the life.  I started to consider what I had gained, what I had lost and where I had grown.  I'm happy to say that I'm good with the past year, I'm good with myself.  In some ways I have made great progress and in some, I have regressed.  I continue to evolve and in that never ending cycle, I find perfection...I become whole.
 My past year:

The fire inside me was ignited and I began to love myself
I fell in love
I had my heart broken
I survived chemo
I became a better mom
I learned
I loved a lot
I almost lost everything
I finally saw life's true worth
I hurt someone
I was hurt
I was loved for long enough to know I deserve that
I struggled
I was victorious
I grew
I discovered what I'm made of
I affected a child positively
I was affected by others
I lost some friends
I gained some family
I found my backbone
I revealed my vulnerability to a couple of folks
I listened to my children
I trusted
I honored myself
I took less than I deserved
I trusted my instinct
I doubted myself
I was a loyal friend, lover, sister
I buried a brother
I made myself proud
I felt ashamed
I had no regrets...

"In this life we cannot always do great things, but we can do small things with great love"

No comments:

Post a Comment